Big Fish #72

It was surreal in a way, traveling from the sunny tropics where the sand burned your feet to the snowy seclusion of the remote resort somewhere in the Wolfe Mountain Range.  Had we really gone so far in such a short amount of time?  Yet the powdery proof was forming crystals on my lashes and melting in my hair. 

The entire range was insulated in a blanket of snow both on the ground and still lazily drifting from low hanging clouds.  Yet, in this icy white paradise that surrounded us I found myself completely warm snuggled protectively against his chest.  Drawing his arm tighter around me making sure I was secure in his grasp, he then tightened his hold on the reigns in his other hand.  I felt the muscles of his legs flex as he gently urged the animal forward, towards our cabin... and awaiting fire in the hearth.  The beautiful creature neighed, shaking its liquid silver mane before continuing in a brisk trot, its golden horn glinting off the late afternoon sun.

(c) sierra sugar 2010

*Another random "Big Fish" writing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment